BIRTH and DEATH Services
INFORMATION ON ISSUANCE OF BIRTH, DEATH AND CREMATION CERTIFICATE
- Registration of Birth and Issuance of Birth Certificate.
- Registration of Death and Issuance of Death Certificate.
- Registration of Cremation and Issuance of Cremation Certificate.
- Still Birth Registration.
- Birth Name Inclusion
- Birth, Death and Cremation Correction.
- Birth, Death and Cremation Certificates are issued within 3 working days from the date of application.
- Documents Required:
- For issuance of Birth/Death Certificate, Hospital/Nursing Home Discharge Certificate.
- In case of Birth/Death at home, it is required to bring Doctor’s Certificate and contact Birth and Death Department in the Municipality immediately.
- Doctor’s Certificate and Burial Ground Certificate/Burning Ghat Certificate is required for getting Cremation Certificate.
- Forms are sold from Front Office of all working days in the below-mentioned times:-
- Mon to Fri: 10.30 AM to 1.30 PM & 2.00 PM to 3.00 PM
- Sat: 7.30 AM to 9.30 AM
- Cost of Forms:
- Birth Form : Rs: 50.00
- Death Form : Rs: 30.00
- Cremation Form : Rs. 30.00
- Cremation Certificate Charges: Rs. 10.00
- Extra Certificate Charge is Rs. 20.00/copy.
- The maximum number of copies of Birth/Death Certificates issued by the Municipality is 5.
- Issue of Birth/ Death Certificate (Only One copy) is completely free upto a period of 5 years.
- After a period of 5 years from the Date of Birth/Death, Searching Charge is Rs. 5.00/year.
For more information regarding issue of Birth/Death/Cremation Certificate, please contact our Birth and Death section.